Sunday, November 20, 2011

Rash healed and caused small discoloration on my skin?

I bought this new pair of jeans and didn't wash it before I wore it out so it was still a bit stiff. A fold in the inside seam rubbed against my leg as I walked and when I took my jeans off I saw my skin was rough at the part it was irritated. I also noticed this happened from wearing a tight bra from the inner wire rubbing right between my breasts. The rough spots are healed and smooth again now, but it appears darker and looks like a scar. Any ways to get it back to my normal skin tone?|||When skin becomes irritated because of something rubbing, there are several things you can try, including:





Avoid coarse clothing. Wear 100% cotton fabric against your skin.


Eliminate friction against your skin by using appropriate clothing for the activity you are involved in (for example, athletic tights or cycling shorts).


Avoid activity that is causing chafing unless it is part of your typical lifestyle, exercise routine, sporting, or other activity.


Wear clean and dry clothing. Dried sweat, chemicals, dirt, and other debris may actually be causing the irritation.


Temporarily use petroleum jelly or baby powder as a lubricant on chafed areas of your skin. You can also use these agents before activity to prevent chafing in easily irritated areas -- for example, your inner thighs or upper arms while running.


Unfortunately, the discoloration of the skin is somewhat of a superficial scarring caused by the surface abrasion.


It will vanish as your outer skin is replaced with new cells and also depends on weather or not you cause more rubbing... which will prolong the issue.|||I have eczema and after i get a rash to disappear it usually looks discolored. it always goes away but it takes a few days. Its like a tan color i think its the same as what you have because i have gotten it from a bra before too. if it is was i have just dont wear those jeans/bra for a couple days and see if it goes away. i think it should =)|||mederma and dermablend|||Time heals and do not wear tight clothing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment