Thursday, July 22, 2010

9 year old son developed a skin rash 48 hrs after penicillin injection for strep. should we be concerned?

Sounds like an allergy. If the dr. has sent him home with antibiotics too, don't give him any more. If it gets any worse, i.e. swelling etc. it would be better for him to the e.r. You could call your dr. tonight, usually they have and answering service, that will call the dr. to let him know tonight, and then the dr. will call you tonight. If he was an adult I would tell you to give him a benadryl, but not sure of children's dosage.|||I bet it's an allergy. That's how it was found out I was allergic to penicillin. Mom found me in the crib with rashes all over me. Report It
|||Yes... it may be the first slight reaction to the drug... another dose could cause a stronger reaction... Be sure to discuss this with your doctor. Advice from an RN|||It could be a reaction to the penicillin you should call a dr. Is there any swelling.|||Call his pediatrician tomorrow and tell them exactly what happened they will take care of it|||Possibly allergic reaction. My son breaks out in hives from Penicillan.|||your son is allergic to penicillin and you need to get a different antibiotic|||Yes, report this to your doctor right away. Watch for any other reactions.|||Yes. Make sure the doctor knows this so the child will not get anything else with penicillin in it. This was an allergic reaction. Be careful with anything ending in cillin from now on. I speak from experience!|||yep he's probably allergic to it. thats exactly what happened to me, I went to the doctor showed her my rash and she put me on a different med. Do the same with your son. Hope he gets feeling better and good luck. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment