Saturday, July 24, 2010

How do I clear up a skin rash on my dog? It's not bacterial she was already on antibiotics, it's not fungal I'

I agree with all the answers so far, so I will just add one more thing.





Have you tried switching shampoo? Perhaps the one you are currently using is drying out her skin, and causing her to scratch it raw. Try something formulated with conditioners specially made for sensitive skin.|||desitin for diaper rash helped my dog. rubbed him down with it and it cleared it up fairly quickly. or other diaper rash medicine gold bond etc.|||Is it allergies? Depending on the dog size you could put her on benadryl. Research on line for the appropriate amount per day and talk to your vet.|||My dog has had lots of skin rashes. I just buy this stuff called "Sulfodene". It clears it up in about a week. This stuff also gets rid of infections. Also good if the dog gets a scrape or abrasion, and it works wonders on hot spots. Hope that helps!|||I would ask your vet about it, they will have the best answer for you. Good Luck, i hope it clears up soon.|||OK, Aveda oatmeal works great! It is safe, just make sure not to get it in his/her eyes. I'm sure the rash is from dry skin if it is not bacterial. And if it does not work it will not hurt him/her.|||Hey, if it is not bacterial or fungal, then it is probably a type of allergy to something he came into contact with, and possibly a flea allergy. I know you may not see a flea on your dog, but just one flea might have bitten him and then jumped off, which is all it takes for a dog with a flea allergy to get a nasty rash. This happened to my friend's dog. He had a nasty rash, and we tried everything to treat it as bacterial, fungal, etc, then we finally went to the vet and the vet said it was from a flea bite. If you try putting a fresh dose of frontline on your dog, and the rash doesn't clear up in a few days, then you know it is most likely dermatitis. If the rash is just a rash, and not an open wound, go ahead and put some Benadryl cream on the rash to give your dog some relief.





I hope this helps. I know so many dogs with skin allergies and it can certainly be frustrating.|||you must also rule out a food allergy. Try feeding a senstive skin food. It should have more omega 3 and 6 fatty acids and vitamin e to help witht he skin. Until you know it's not a food allegy you might have to swith food a few times.


Try science diet senstive skin or natures recipe they have fomula the doesnt have any wheat or beef or chicken in it . It might help

No comments:

Post a Comment