Saturday, July 24, 2010

I have a question about my acne/skin rash?

I'm an 19 year old guy. I have perioral deratitis. It is when you have red bumps around your mouth. Essentially it looks like acne but it has this name, so I will refer to it as acne. It bothers the **** out of me. I know it's weird but I actually wear make-up now to cover it up. I hate wearing makeup. I can't grow facial hair, so I was thinking could I buy a fake beard that looks real and just wear that . Any ideas if that would be a good idea, and if so where I would get this legitimate looking fake beard.|||Actually, there ARE treatments for this!


http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=periora...





Perioral Dermatitis


http://www.aad.org/public/Publications/p...





How is this condition treated?





An oral antibiotic, like tetracycline, is the most common treatment for perioral dermatitis. Treatment may be needed for several months to prevent recurrence. For milder cases or pregnant women, topical antibiotic creams may be used. Occasionally, your dermatologist may recommend a specific corticosteroid cream, just for a short time to help your appearance while the antibiotics are working.





What can be expected with treatment?





Most patients improve within two months of oral antibiotics. If corticosteroid creams were used for treatment, there may be a flare-up when the creams are stopped. If antibiotic treatment is stopped too early, however, the problem can come back.





To learn more about perioral dermatitis, call toll free (888) 462-DERM (3376) to find a dermatologist in your area.





PS I have Epidermititis a similar problem. However, I would NOT take my doctors answer and found my own solution. I made a mix of Vaseline / Iodine / Sulphur and put over my face and within 2 weeks my face was clear and it has never returned.





I don't recommend that! lol, because you could be allergic to some of those ingredients! However, the treatments above recommended by the doctors should help you. Basically, I'm saying, DON'T GIVE UP!|||Sorry bro. Have you tried Proactiv Solutions?? My girl cleared up her face in about a month with that stufff... I dont think you can find a legitimate looking beard - not to mention it might garner some suspicion if you attempt to travel anywhere!!|||What you need is what folks like Kelly Clarkson, Jessica Simpson, Cher, Susan Lucci promote on TV.





Its called ProActive. Its amazing. You should look into it.|||wearing a fake beard is a little weird and there is always the posibility it comes off so i would just keep wearing cover-up.|||PRO ACTIVE BABE PRO ACTIVE|||Its razor stubble from your boyfriends crotch. Dont go down all the way and the red bumps will go away. You asked in the homo section , so you must be a sausage smoker|||And you think this means you're gay?

No comments:

Post a Comment