Thursday, July 22, 2010

Should I be concerned? Skin rash question.?

This morning when I got my 3 and 1/2 month old up I noticed a bright red spot covering most of her right cheek. She sleeps on her belly and where her cheek was laying was wet like she spit up alot in the night. (she has reflux) Right now, 8 hours later it is still just as red =( Should I be concerned? It doesn't seem to sting her when I put water on her face...is there something else I should put on it? It looks like a burn.|||Sounds like a mild inflammation. It may be associated with teething or an ear infection but I wouldn't be concerned in the absence of other symptoms like pain, fever, lethargy, etc.





I wouldn't put anything on it as it isn't painful or itching. However zinc cream (diaper rash cream or calamine lotion) won't do any harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment