Friday, August 20, 2010

Every time I barely scratch my arms or legs, it leaves my skin really red with a rash.?

The rash will stay for several days. I have eczema, but this is like eczema x 1000, because I can't scratch my skin at all! I can't scratch the tiniest itch, and it's driving me insane!





Is there some sort of lotion that can prevent/protect my skin from doing this?|||You may have a vitamin C deficiency, makes the skin more thin %26amp; bruises %26amp; scratches more easily.|||clip your nails as short as possible- many bacteria lie under those babies.


Wear gloves so you're not temped to scratch. Try witch hazel on your skin to lessen an itch|||i think it is a mutated form of scabies or other mutated skin condition. ask your doctor to do blood work and look at it closely through a microscope.|||Dermatographic urticaria (also known as dermographism, dermatographism or "skin writing") is a skin disorder seen in 1.5 to 23.5 percent of the population, in which the skin becomes raised and inflamed when stroked or rubbed with a dull object. Dermatographic urticaria is caused by mast cells in the surface of the skin releasing histamines without the presence of antigens, due to the presence of a weak membrane surrounding the mast cells. The histamines released cause the skin to swell in the affected areas.|||It sounds like dermatographia, where your skin is very sensitive to light trauma. Avoiding scratching your skin will help, as well as antihistamines and keeping your skin as moist as possible. Ultimately though, you should see your doctor for a more thorough evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment