Friday, August 20, 2010

How to cure heat rash on a child that has dry skin?

My 4 year old son has developed heat rash. I have tried some of the home remedies that I have seen on here, but I'm running into a problem. My son has dry skin no matter what. I can usually control it with lotion, but the lotion is irritating the heat rash. How can I calm his heat rash without letting the rest of his skin dry out? If I use the baby powder, his rash looks better, but the rest of his skin looks worse. Help!!|||I found the only thing that worked for me when working in a steel foundry was soaking in a very lukewarm tub for 20-30 minutes a few times a week. Your skin needs water. I also used Aveeno with oatmeal in the fall, spring and winter months, but could not handle moisturiser really hot days. They made any heat rash worse. Some suntan lotions and sunblocks will actually make a heat rash worse. They clog the pores and make the skin hotter. Steroid creams will work on elbows and knees. I wouldn't use it too much on a 4 year old as it will thin his skin.|||Lotion will not irritate a heat rash so I am not sure what is going on. Wash him well and dry the area well and use a mild lotion. If that doesn't help call the doc and ask for his suggestions.|||Hydration is the best med. Have him drink lots of water. I would think powder is drying. Use a lotion for sensative skin like lubriderm. Keep him cool.|||maybe you can use lotions that help severely dry skin and rashes and burns|||I know what he is going through, but im 19. But recently i recovered from chicken pox, never got them when i was young. I felt like ripping my skin off.





Any way, ur kid.. check if it is really a heat rash or chick pox?





My mum used this Calamine lotion, twice a day, it was very effective! It stops the itching, but it does dry out the skin.





Keep him hydrated, water, pure fruit juices, milk and the best thing is take him to the doc. God forbid, if it prolongs, ur doc will recommend a dermatologist!|||If his shin is dry and sensitive the best product I have found is named SiloeVera and is a combination of Aloe Vera and Silver. You can get it shipped worldwide at the dot com site named notaquitter and I believe that the lotion woulfd be the best for your child. I have been in the business of treating skin conditions for some time and it really is the best product I have found. It is also not expensive and 100% natural so you will not have to worry about causing any other type of irritation.|||kid's skin are so sensitive, and be aware of what you apply on them, this might irritate their skin more. let kids have proper diet and enough sleep. keep them hydrated, let them drink plenty of water. weather, climate and environment can be a big factor to promote dry skin. protect skin from getting dry by having lotion that contains all natural ingredients. in this case unsightly dry skin will be eliminated. also eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables. enough sleep can promote skin healing and drinking fluids will help hydrate skin keeping the moisture within. also for more helpful tips with regards to avoiding dry skin see this helpful link http://www.skinsosilky.com

No comments:

Post a Comment