Friday, August 20, 2010

Can leather cause a rash on your skin?

Since I started my new job, I spend most of my day sitting in an office chair, which happens to be leather. I've noticed a rash appearing on my butt lately and I'm just curious if that could be the case. Any ideas?|||Unless you are sitting in the chair with your butt bare, it should not be an allergy to leather itself. Cleaning products can be volatile enough to go through clothing though. I'd suggest buying or making a seat cover of some kind - maybe fleece or a foam pad with a removable washable cover. Don't leave it on the chair overnight or it might get "cleaned" with the same stuff that's bothering you to begin with. You could even try one of those funky elastic covers meant for toilet seats - anything that can be removed easily and washed regularly to rid it of any chemical buildup.|||I purchased a leather string for a necklace. I developed a bad rash around my neck. I had found from my doctor that some chemicals are used to cure leather prior to using for various products. You may be allergic to that chemical as well. I had to use a steroid cream for the rash to go away. . Report It
|||its probally something used to clean the leather like what the cleaning staff uses. get some wetones and clean the durface if it stops then it was a cleaning product|||Sounds like you have heat rash, in babys they call it diaper rash, try using the oitments they make for that, you should find them in the infant isle.

No comments:

Post a Comment