Monday, August 23, 2010

What are the different kinds of skin rashes a person can get in the HEAT?

I am having some skin irritation problems anyway, but I am noticing extra-itchy forearms in this very hot weather. (Also a red spotty rash) Also I do know that body creases are more prone to heat rashes. Who has advice or knowledge?|||best advice is to stay out the heat or at least direct sunlight if u can. u can get little red bumps which is a rash from the heat or u could get big red boils from the heat.....dont itch the rash it makes it so much worse, go to the local store and buy anti itching cream or aloe vera works good and put that on, until u can get to the store for something, wet a washcloth with very cold water, and dab it on the rash....will make it feel better.|||I tried the Gold Bond spray, cooled the area and calmed the bumps a bit. Mine was really itchy so I took Benadryl and used Lantacort(?) anti itch cortisone cream, cut the toes off some socks, and wore that to bed. After a couple of days, I used the Gold Bond powder (I sound like my Grandma). Try that in the creases if it's feasible. I carry around pre-moistened towelettes, too, because I'm prone to surface bacterial infections (yum).





My co-worker from Georgia says the key is to keep it dry.|||Heat rash treatments are generally quite basic and include cooling the skin and body and keeping the affected skin areas dry. Cool showers and light loose fitting clothing will help. In addition, staying out of the sun would also be a good idea. Seeking an air-conditioned environment is beneficial. In many cases, the prickly rash will disappear on its own in a short amount of time, if the basic advice given above is followed. Calamine lotion can soothe the itch, but avoid any oil-based products because these may lead to additional skin pore clogging and prevent the heat rash healing process from occurring.

No comments:

Post a Comment