Monday, August 23, 2010

My 3 month old baby boy has some kind of a rash on his skin. it started on his face and now it's every where.

the rash is very scaly and it's like in patches really red. very dry. i keep putting on ecurin cream, and baby oil. but it doesn't seem to help and my doctor doesn't know what it could be. i'am brest feeding, but i watch closly what i eat... please help me any one that might know what i should do. Thank you for your time.|||He is just starting to develop his own antibodies so it is possible he is allergic to something you are eating.


I have 3 boys and had to give up breastfeeding one because of allergies, but before you even think of that try eliminating certain foods from your diet one at a time and remember it takes time to get in you r milk and out so give it a few days before you say that's not it. Common allergies are milk, eggs, nuts. Hopefully it will be as simple as you eliminating something from your diet.


Another thing to look at is his bath soaps, laundry soaps, powder, wipes. Any disinfectants you use, air fresheners, pets and plants.


Keep a diary that tells when the rash is better and worse, what you had to eat, activities, and any changes in normal routine.


If that can't help you figure out the cause you might want to take him to a pediatric dermatologist or allergist.


my best to you.|||brilliant answer Report It
|||It could be the baby oil - I had to stop using it on my son as it brings him out in a pink spotty rash. Even the fragrance-free stuff does this.





Otherwise it might be eczema. I'd take him to see another doctor if I were you.

No comments:

Post a Comment