Monday, August 23, 2010

A few months ago one of my cats started to get some sort of rash on her skin. There are little bumps .....?

(almost like pimple type bumps) in the area and her fur has fallen out in the area and has not grown back. We talked to someone at a local pet store and they recommended some high nutrient food so we did and it didn't really work at all.





Now just about a month ago my other cat started to get some of the same symptoms, but no where near as severe. It is just one little spot and most of his hair is still there. However it is somewhat rigid. And one small spot is gray (His hair is mostly brown). And when you pet or touch him in that area he goes kinda crazy. He lifts his head in the air and it looks like he is trying to bite the air(Kinda funny looking actually). And recently if I have my other arm near his head while I am doing this he will kinda sorta bite it.. He doesn't actually bite, but it's like he is chomping away w/o actually opening his jaws all the way so he doesn't bite. And tonight I was looking at his skin again and it is BLUE in that area!





Oh and on both cats this is loc|||Could be allergic to flea bites. I had a cat once that had this problem. There are some great flea protection products on the market now, maybe what you are using isn't doing the job.|||take her to the vet she is probbally having an allergic reaction to something in youe house. at the 2 times this happened what was the same(could be causing this)|||It could also be cat acne. It can be very painful and can get infected if it gets too bad.


The vet can give you something for it, plus an antibiotic just in case. This happened to my cat. I think it was an allergic reaction to a product I put on my carpet to clean it.


A little side note to the flea products that are on the market.


Be very careful with them. I tried a H. brand once and my cat had a reaction to it. I called my Vet and they said it can cause itching and stinging. And never use it on a kitten. There are horror stories about that stuff. If anyone is interested---PetShed (Australia) sells all the flea/tick products without a prescription. Cheaper than my Vet for sure. And it gets here quick. I have ordered from them for years.|||I had a cat, and a dog that did this, I thought it could have been mange, but it turned out that they were allergic to the sun......yes, the sun, but to make sure, you should take them to the vet....just to be safe.|||Take them to the vet, it could be an allergic reaction, ringworm, mange, or cat acne.

No comments:

Post a Comment