Friday, August 20, 2010

Itchy blister-like rash all over the body and patches of red skin - what could this be?

I am freaking out right now. Earlier today my neck got very red and was very itchy. I assumed it was just a bunch of mosquito bites - there are many mosquitos in my area and I usually get bit, so I didn't think this was anything different; however, as the day progressed I noticed that my skin started to get red in huge blotches and just on my arm it looks like I have 100s of blisters/rash. It then got on my face, but after a few hours passed. Now this rash has moved onto my lower body and is on my legs, and still on my hands. I will call myself an ambulance in the morning, but I'm not going to bother now because the hospitals in my area don't have enough docs at nighttime and I will be forced to wait there till morning anyway. I'm trying to remain calm but this rash is unlike I've ever seen - I've never had anything remotely similar to this and it is freaking me out - not to mention it itches like there's no tomorrow. I would like to know what this could possibly be and how serious.|||It sounds like Shingles. Sadly it started when you couldn't have gotten to the doctor's because they could have prescribed you a medicine right away for it, to slow down the process. It's very painful and annoying. Whatever you do, don't scratch..Hospital emergency rooms are useless and will make you wait forever, no matter what time of the day. i would cal your doctor the minute he opens and have him get you in asap.


Count your lucky stars if it isn't shingles. It may be a food allergy. Write down everything you ate the day/night you discovered it.


Good Luck.|||How did you write all that when itchy and scratchy? Well done! It's either a serious allergy or the chicken pocks. (did I write that correctly?) Hurry to the hospital because you need medical care!

No comments:

Post a Comment