Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Why does my skin itch and get a rash all over when I start to sweat?

I've yet to get a "good" answer from my current doctor, and I haven't switched to my new doctor yet... Whenever I start to sweat, or feel the sweat coming, I get terribly itchy and a rash all over my skin (mostly where I would sweat - on my back stomach arms and legs). It's only been happening in the last few years.





I've switched every product I use including shampoo, soap, etc., several times. I've run out of ideas and it's getting worse.





I don't know. I need to talk to my future doctor regarding this, but has anyone ever encountered this? If so, what did you / they do?





Thanks for any responses.|||It sounds like you are having heat rashes i would put some powder on to help from sweating so bad or something to stay dry with but when my kids break out like that i use calamine lotion. That usually stops the itching.|||It's not hives... I tried the powder stuff, no love.





The best possibility still looks like the allergy to sweat. Report It
|||Sounds like a heat rash to me. You may be prone to heat rashes. All i can suggest is try to remain cool. Wear cotton clothes and try not to use any sticky or powdery deodorants|||pretty much your allergic to your own sweat. my fiance has the same thing. take allergy medicine every day to help it is annoying but that pretty much all you can do. but ask your doctor|||Sounds like hives! But I could be wrong. You did not say whether your doc was a dermatologist or not, if he isn't I would suggest finding one!


As far as changing all your hygiene products, have you tried taking a shower in the morning, without soap or shampoo, just use water, do not apply any deodorant and work yourself into a sweat several times throughout the day and see if this condition still occurs, if it dose, you MAY be able to rule out that it is caused by these products! Please do this at home when you will not be around anybody you wish not to offend with body odor, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment